Title: Monuments Maintenance Worker (x2 positions available)
Responsible to: Community & Tourism Development Officer
Summary: The Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation, in partnership with Parks Canada, is seeking qualified individuals to fill x2 part-time, term positions as Monuments Maintenance Workers.
Reporting to the Community & Tourism Development Officer, the Monuments Maintenance Workers are responsible to maintain and beautify the Treaty 6 National Historic Event Site near Fort Carlton Provincial Historic Park, and the Battle of Duck Lake National Historic Event Site at the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation.
*Note: due to the part-time nature of the work, Social Assistance clients are encouraged to apply and may be eligible for employment without affecting their SA status. Please contact the Social Assistance department to see if you’re eligible.
- General knowledge of: biological, environmental, or natural sciences, and landscaping;
- Formal and/or experiential knowledge of Willow Cree culture and history;
- Cut grass, beautify, and clean National Historic Site grounds;
- Digging, watering, planting flowers/plants/trees;
- Operation of small equipment: roto-tiller, garden tractor, grass whip, lawn mower etc;
- General lawn/yard/site maintenance; and
- Comply with basic reporting procedures.
- Experience in landscaping, horticulture, and small engines considered an asset;
- First Aid qualification is considered an asset;
- A clear CPIC is required;
- Must have own gardening/landscaping tools;
- Class 5 Drivers License and access to a reliable truck with trailer hitch.
- Part-time, 8 hours per week per employee (x2).
- Evening and weekend work may be required;
- Will be working outdoors experiencing physical and manual labour; and
- Term: Employment begins mid June 2021 and runs through till August 2021.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references to:
Kevin Seesequasis, Community & Tourism Development Officer
Re: Monuments Maintenance Worker
Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
PO Box 340
Duck Lake, SK S0K 1J0
Applications can also be dropped off in-person with our receptionist at the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Band Office.
Closing date for submissions is 12:00pm (noon), June 11, 2021.
We thank all those who are interested, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.