“Yahkotewin” – We are moving forward Governance Planning Committee was established by a motion of Council in August of 2014 to guide and oversee the Governance process for the Beardy’s & Okemasis First Nation.
We’ve engaged community members, youth, elders, and leadership, and have hosted several community consultation sessions on the development of our Constitution and several pieces of key legislation. Here’s where we’re at:
On February 14, 2017, the Council of the Beardy’s & Okemasis First Nation met to approve the final referendum versions of the:
- Constitution of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
- Executive Act of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
- Financial Management Act of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
Compare other previous drafts here:
- 3rd Reading: DRAFT Constitution – Jan 12
- 2nd Reading: Draft Constitution – Aug 3
- 1st Reading: DRAFT Constitution
- 3rd Reading: DRAFT Executive Act – Jan 12
- 2nd Reading: DRAFT Executive Act – May 16
- 1st Reading: DRAFT Executive Act
- 3rd Reading: DRAFT FMA – Jan 12
- 2nd Reading: Draft FMA – May 16
- 1st Reading: DRAFT FMA
Guide our community toward reasserting our Nationhood.
Work together to strengthen and share our traditional knowledge, values, beliefs, and customs; we will nurture our identity by teaching our people ‘sisip sakahikan iyiniwak‘ – our way.
- Work together, help and support each other to realize our mission and vision;
- Engage and communicate with community, elders, youth, and leadership;
- Create a foundation for our laws and enable nitipeyimosonan;
- Create and support opportunities for people to share and teach traditional knowledge and teachings.
- Draft / approve revisions for the Senate Act.
- Draft / approve revisions for the Matrimonial Real Property Act
View the Election Act:
- View the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation Election Act (posted December 26, 2016)