“Yahkotewin” – We are moving forward Governance Planning Committee was established by a motion of Council in August of 2014 to guide and oversee the Governance process for the Beardy’s & Okemasis First Nation.
We’ve engaged community members, youth, elders, and leadership, and have hosted several community consultation sessions on the development of our Constitution and several pieces of key legislation.
Guide our community toward reasserting our Nationhood.
Work together to strengthen and share our traditional knowledge, values, beliefs, and customs; we will nurture our identity by teaching our people ‘sisip sakahikan iyiniwak‘ – our way.
- Work together, help and support each other to realize our mission and vision;
- Engage and communicate with community, elders, youth, and leadership;
- Create a foundation for our laws and enable nitipeyimosonan;
- Create and support opportunities for people to share and teach traditional knowledge and teachings.
The Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation is governed by an Executive comprising our Chief and 6 Councillors, an Elders’ Advisory Council, and a Youth Advisory Council.
- Here is our Constitution.
- Here is our Election Act.
- Here is our Executive Act.
- Here is our Financial Management Act.
- Draft / approve revisions for the Elders’ Advisory Council Act.
- Draft / approve revisions for the Youth Advisory Council Act.
- Draft / approve revisions for the Membership Act.
- Draft / approve revisions for the Matrimonial Real Property Act.