Notice is hereby given to the electors of the Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation that there will be a nomination meeting for the purposes of nominating candidates for one (1) Chief and six (6) Councillors for the Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation, in accordance to the Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation Election Act, amended December 19, 2016.
Members of the Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation who have reached the age of 18 years as of the day of the election are eligible to vote.
Date: March 20, 2020, 1:00 pm
Location: Veteran’s Hall, Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation
Date: March 27, 2020. 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
On-reserve Poll: Veterans Hall, Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
Off-reserve Poll: Quality Inn (Sedona Room) 1715 Idylwyld Drive North, Saskatoon SK
Eligibility Requirements for the Office of Chief or Councillor:
– Member of the Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation;
– 18 years of age or older as of the day of the nomination meeting;
– A criminal record check proving the potential candidate has not been convicted of an indictable offense in the past 10 years, or proof of a record suspension (formally known as a pardon); potential candidates can request a declaration of criminal record from the local RCMP detachment.
– All candidates must pay an Election fee: for the office of Chief $400.00 (Canadian) or for Councillor $200.00 (Canadian) and
– Submit results of a drug test showing no presence of banned drugs as in the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (S.C. 1996, c. 19)
– Drug testing will be facilitated by Innovation Training Solutions, March 6, 2020, 2-5pm at the Justice Building, Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation. A candidate may attend the Innovation Training Solutions office between March 4th and 5th , 2020 in Saskatoon or Prince Albert by appointment only between 9am-3pm, to book appointment call: 306-
– Potential candidates must also sign a waiver of confidentiality to disclose the results of their drug test to the Chief Electoral Officer,
– The cost for the drug test, payable by the candidate to Innovation Training Solutions, is $100.00 cash.
Election Appeal Board:
- J. Albert Angus
- Kellie Wuttunee
- Donald Gamble Sr.
Copies of the Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation Election Act are available at the band office or online: https://bofn9697.com/governance/.
<<original signed by>>
Loretta J. Pete Lambert
Chief Electoral Officer
140-203 Packham Avenue, Asimakanseekan Askiy First Nation, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 4K5
Phone: 1-306-343-7383 (PETE)
The 2020 FSIN Two Spirit Gathering will take place on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 through till Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at TCU Place in Saskatoon.
BOCN Youth identifying as Two Spirit who wish to attend can register using the form below. A cap on participants may be imposed dependent on interest.
Chaperones will be attending to supervise participants. Transportation will be provided. Additional details will be provided to confirmed registrants.