The Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation has embarked on a tourism strategy that includes the development of a multi-use trail system that will link the community to tourism-based businesses and experiences, the Carlton Trail will be designated as part of the Great Trail (formerly the Trans-Canada Trail) network and will be approximately 20km in length.
At this point in time, we require a trail design study to ensure we are selecting appropriate lands for development and to adhere to industry standards for trail design and construction. In order to ensure a fair and transparent process, proposals are requested from qualified firms.
Project Identification Number: RFP 001.19
Project: Trail Design Study
Project Start: February 28, 2019
Location Required: Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
Maximum value of contract: $40,000
Proposal Submission Deadline: February 15, 2019 (noon)
Proposal should include:
- Project Identification Number (RFP 001.19)
- Methodology for community engagement and inclusion in the design study.
- Company profile including a statement of qualifications and key personnel who will be assigned to the project.
- Proposed project methodology and the division of roles and responsibilities between the firm and the client; work schedule with milestones and timelines.
- Relevant experience in engaging Indigenous communities and organizations in trail design processes including recent project examples and references.
- The basis for pricing their services.
Proposals can be submitted to the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, via fax: (306) 467-4404 or by dropping off your proposal at the front desk of the Band Office. A selection committee will determine the best submission and will award a contract to the winning applicant.
Download the complete RFP package with notes here.
The Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation has authorized the build and installation of new community signs at the East (Duck Lake), West (Fort Carlton), and South (Rosthern) entrances to our community.
Our new signs will be the first impression guests have of our community.
In order to ensure a fair and transparent bidding and selection process, RFPs are being solicited from members of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation to build, and install the community signs.
Project Identification Number: RFP 020.18
Project Name: Community Sign Build & Installation
Project Start: February 1, 2019
Project Location: Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation – East, West, South entrances.
Project Submission Deadline: January 15, 2019
Project Completion Date: May 31, 2019
Proposal Must include:
- Project Identification Number (RFP 020.18)
- Background information listing experience in construction, sign making, and landscaping
- Any certificates / education / qualifications of applicant
- Detailed contact information
- Proposed materials list
- Project timeline
- Project budget and installation costs
- Proof of General Liability Insurance: $1,000,000.00
- East entrance: full sign site with landscaping (figure 1)
- West / South entrances: sign and x2 flags (figure 2)
- 2 flags only, all 3 sites: BOCN + Treaty 6
- Sign dimensions: 3.5 metres wide by 2 metres tall (see figure 1)
- x6, 6 metre (or best fit) commercial grade flag poles
- 1 large tipi (18 feet)
- 1 small tipi (halved) (12 feet)
- All materials must be weather proof, UVA/UVB resistant, durable, cleanable (especially from vandalism)
All submitted bids must be sealed. Proposals can be submitted to Jasna Gamble-Eyahpaise at the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation Band Office.
A selection committee will determine the best submission, and will award a contract to the winning applicant on February 1, 2019. All applicants must make themselves available for the selection process on February 1st.