Human Resources Officer
Chief Executive Officer
The Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation requires an individual to serve as “Human Resources Officer”.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, the “Human Resources Officer” is the coordinator for all administrative functions relating to Human Resources with the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation.
The Human Resources Officer works full-time (35 hrs/week) and has proven experience in managing all activities related to the delivery of Human Resources programs and labour standards.
- Manage the day-to-day Human Resources requirements for the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation in accordance with the BOCN Personnel Policy;
- Contribute to the accomplishment of Human Resource practices, objectives, services, policies, and programs which provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture emphasizing empowerment, quality, productivity, and goal attainment;
- Provides advice and assistance to department managers/directors and staff;
- Capable of developing excellent inter-personal, professional relationships; and
- Maintain the strictest of confidentiality.
- Human Resources / Business Administration Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Minimum 2 years experience in the Human Resources / labour standards field;
- Superior experience with Microsoft Office and computers;
- Awareness of First Nations values, culture, and traditions;
- Valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle; and
- Must be able to provide a CPIC upon successful selection.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a covering letter, resume, and a list of three professional references to:
Chief Executive Officer
Re: Human Resources Officer
Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
PO Box 340
Duck Lake, SK S0K 1J0
Applications can also be dropped off with our receptionist in-person at the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Band Office, fax to 306.467.4404, or email email@example.com.
Closing date for submissions is 12:00 pm (noon) on Monday, July 30, 2018.
We thank all those who are interested but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For Immediate Release
July 10, 2018
COUNCILLOR STATEMENT: CONGRATULATIONS JENNIFER SILVA-DUNCOMBE – WINNER, COMMUNITY SIGN CONTEST!
Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation, Treaty 6 – Councillor Kevin Seesequasis released the following statement today on the selection of Jennifer Silva-Duncombe’s entry as the winner of the Community Sign Contest:
“On behalf of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation, I would like to congratulate Jennifer Silva-Duncombe and her entry as the winner of the Community Sign Contest!
Her entry was selected by a vote of community members and was ratified by the Council of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation. We will work with her in the very near future to realize the full potential and vision of her design to ensure community members, and guests alike, receive a first-class, first impression upon entering our community.
Ms. Silva-Duncombe will receive:
- $500 prize;
- the opportunity to work with a graphics designer to complete the project; and
- an invitation to attend the unveiling ceremony once the project is complete.
I wish to thank all community members for their participation and enthusiasm for this project. We will begin the important work of finalizing the design and selecting a medium for the sign very shortly.
– 30 –
For more information, please contact:
Chief & Council Communications
306-467-4523 | firstname.lastname@example.org