Download the complete RFP package with notes here.
The Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation has authorized the build and installation of new community signs at the East (Duck Lake), West (Fort Carlton), and South (Rosthern) entrances to our community.
Our new signs will be the first impression guests have of our community.
In order to ensure a fair and transparent bidding and selection process, RFPs are being solicited from members of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation to build, and erect the community signs.
Project Identification Number: RFP 020.18
Project Name: Community Sign Build & Installation
Project Start: February 1, 2019
Project Location: Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation – East, West, South entrances.
Project Submission Deadline: January 15, 2019
Project Completion Date: May 31, 2019
Proposal Must include:
- Project Identification Number (RFP 020.18)
- Background information listening experience in construction, sign making, and landscaping
- Any certificates / education / qualifications of applicant
- Detailed contact information
- Proposed materials list
- Project timeline
- Project budget and installation costs
- Proof of General Liability Insurance: $1,000,000.00
- East entrance: full sign site with landscaping (figure 1)
- West / South entrances: sign and x2 flags (figure 2)
- 2 flags only, all 3 sites: BOCN + Treaty 6
- Sign dimensions: 3.5 metres wide by 2 metres tall (see figure 1)
- x6, 6 metre (or best fit) commercial grade flag poles
- 1 large tipi (18 feet)
- 1 small tipi (halved) (12 feet)
- All materials must be weather proof, UVA/UVB resistant, durable, cleanable (especially from vandalism)
All submitted bids must be sealed. Proposals can be submitted to Jasna Gamble-Eyahpaise at the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation Band Office.
A selection committee will determine the best submission, and will award a contract to the winning applicant on February 1, 2019. All applicants must make themselves available for the selection process on February 1st.
To: Membership, Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
From: Brenda Seesequasis, Emergency Management Coordinator
Date: December 4, 2018
Re: Possible Power Outages
This memo is to inform you that there have been major power outages reported in southern Saskatchewan due to the accumulation of frost and ice on power lines and around transformers. We are monitoring the situation but are asking that you take the precautionary measures needed to keep your family and household safe and warm in the event of a power outage and severe cold weather. Here are some quick tips:
- Make sure you have candles and matches/lighters readily available.
- Have an extra cell phone battery handy or a backup battery bank.
- If you have water jugs please fill them and have them ready. Use empty pop bottles or empty milk jugs if you don’t have water jug. You should store water for drinking, bathing, and for the toilet.
You can find more information on power outages on our website: http://bocn9697.com/emergency-management/power-outages/
You can find more information on severe cold weather on our website: https://bofn9697.com/emergency-management/cold-weather/
Emergency Management Coordinator