For Immediate Release
October 4, 2018
STATEMENT FROM COUNCIL: MEDICAL SERVICES AT WILLOW CREE HEALTH SERVICES
Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation, Treaty 6 Territory – The following statement was released by the Council of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation regarding actions taken at Willow Cree Health Services:
“On September 19, the Council of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation invoked specific clauses of the Indian Act.
This decision has caused significant concern amongst our membership. We wish to assure our members that these actions were carefully considered and deliberated; our action also reflects what is considered by Council to be in the best interest of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation.
Each member of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation is well within their rights to determine their own medical care. Quality health care and professional services will continue to be provided at Willow Cree Health Services to members of our Nation.
Again, we would like to reassure our members that Council’s actions were taken in the best interest of our Nation; and that due to on-going considerations, Council is unable to release further information at this time.”
– 30 –
For more information, please contact:
Chief & Council Communications
306-467-4523 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Interim Director – Public Works & Housing
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer
Responsive to: Councillor i/c Public Works & Housing
Summary: The Interim Director – Public Works & Housing is a term position for three months with possibility of extension.
The Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation requires a superior candidate to serve as “Interim Director – Public Works & Housing”.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer, the “Interim Director – Public Works & Housing” is the administrative head of the Department of Public Works & Housing with the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation.
The Interim Director – Public Works & Housing works full-time and has proven experience in managing all activities related to Public Works & Housing.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Department of Public Works & Housing including people, material, equipment, finances, information and reports.
- Direct personnel and resources to effectively deliver services and programs to members of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
- Ensure the efficient and effective delivery of Public Works goods and services.
- Demonstrate an exceptional ability in adhering to funding-source application (grant writing) and reporting guidelines; and
- Demonstrate an exceptional ability in time, resource, and personnel management.
- Experience with Public Works, Canada Mortgage & Housing Corporation, Band Based Capital considered an asset;
- Business Administration and/or Urban Planning Post-Secondary education;
- Excellent computer sills (Microsoft Office, Internet, email, etc.);
- Superior communication, organization, and project management skills;
- Awareness of First Nation values, culture and traditions;
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle; and
- Must be able to provide a CPIC upon successful selection.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references to:
Jaye Cameron, Chief Executive Officer
RE: Interim Director – Pubic Works & Housing
Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
PO Box 340
Duck Lake, SK S0K 1J0
Applications can also be dropped off with our receptionist in-person at the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Band Office.
Closing date for submissions is 12:00pm (noon) October 17, 2018.
*We thank all those who are interested.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.