Title: Marketing Coordinator/Interpretive Guide
Responsible to: Community Development Officer – Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
Responsive to: Executive Director – Duck Lake Regional Interpretive Centre
Summary: The Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation is seeking a qualified individual to fill a part-time, term position as Marketing Coordinator/Interpretive Guide in support of local tourism initiatives.
Reporting to both the Community Development Officer at the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation, and the Executive Director at the Duck Lake Regional Interpretive Centre, the Marketing Coordinator/Interpretive Guide will assist in promoting the region as a tourist destination and in the delivery of local guided tours.
- Develop and execute tourism marketing plans for the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation and the Duck Lake Regional Interpretive Centre using a variety of media targeting diverse demographics;
- Develop Social Media content to achieve marketing and promotional objectives;
- Work with stakeholder groups to identify opportunities and gaps in service/program delivery;
- Assist in event coordination, research, and content curation;
- Provide administrative support to immediate supervisors; and
- Lead guided tours of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation and the Duck Lake Regional Interpretive Centre.
- Heritage Interpreter Training is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of local historically significant events;
- Marketing Certificate/Diploma (a combination of experience and education will be considered);
- Excellent computer skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills especially in a group setting;
- Knowledge of local nehiyawak (Cree) culture;
- First Aid;
- Must be able to provide both a CPIC and VSS; and
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Drivers Licence and have access to a reliable vehicle.
- Part-time, 5 hours daily – scheduling to be determined by supervisors and based on facility/administrative needs;
- Term: Employment starts July 1 till mid-August (with possibility of extension); and
- Weekend work may be required.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references to:
Jaye Cameron, Chief Executive Officer
RE: Marketing Coordinator/Interpretive Guide
Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
PO Box 340
Duck Lake, SK S0K 1J0
Applications can also be dropped off with our receptionist in-person at the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Band Office.
Closing date for submissions is 12:00pm (noon), June 21, 2019.
*We thank all those who are interested.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Willow Cree Education (2 vacancies)
The Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation is seeking 2 passionate and dedicated individuals from BOCN to join its Board of Directors. The ideal board member will have:
- Strong communication skills;
- A demonstrated ability to work in a team;
- The ability to commit the time required as a member of the BOCN Board of Directors (minimum 1 day per month); and
- A clear Criminal Record Check (CPIC).
The BOCN is particularly interested in candidates with skills, knowledge and experience in some of the following areas:
- Finance in the non-profit sector;
- Strategic Planning;
- Advocacy; and
- Previous experience with a non-profit Board or community group is an asset.
How to Apply: Individuals interested in joining our Board of Directors are encouraged to submit their application to:
Jaye Cameron, CEO
PO Box 340
Duck Lake, Sask. S0K 1J0
Fax: 306-467-4404 or drop off with the receptionist at the BOCN band office.
Deadline: June 25, 2019 at 12 noon. (Late applications will not be accepted)
Applicants should include a detailed letter of interest and a resume outlining relevant experience and qualifications. All submissions will be reviewed however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.