(Full-time) Temporary Contract – Possible extension.
Beardy’s & Okemasis Cree Nation is seeking an enthusiastic individual who will be responsible for overseeing the development of the Community Development Initiative. This position requires a broad skillset and the ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all Beardy’s & Okemasis Cree Nation departments, the broader community and Urban Systems. Our ideal candidate should also bring a genuine interest in learning more about community planning and a passion for improving our quality of life at Beardy’s & Okemasis Cree Nation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To learn about community planning and the specific tasks associated with the Community Development Initiative.
- Investigate and research relevant background information.
- Work alongside Urban Systems as well as other Community Navigators throughout the duration of the project.
- Lead various meetings within the community to introduce the Community Development Initiative.
- Maintain positive working relationships with internal and external personnel and/or organizations/agencies.
- Work with other departments to address the priorities that are identified in the community plan.
- Prepare basic information concerning the community plan process and act as a resource person for departments, members and council on the community plan process, procedures and protocols.
- Coordinate local data collection and transfer from Beardy’s & Okemasis Cree Nation departments.
- Develop memos, progress reports, briefing notes and general planning documents.
- To coordinate the review of draft reporting documents and presentation materials.
- Support Beardy’s & Okemasis Cree Nation Tourism Development
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team player to effectively interact with other departments and staff, elected officials, members, service providers and local government agencies and officials.
- Access to computer and email.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research.
- Exceptional organization and time-management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Highly motivated and ability to work in demanding and fast paced work environment.
IF INTERESTED IN APPLYING ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUPPLY:
- Letter of Application
- Resume with current email address
- (3) Current professional references (1) from last/current employer
FORWARD APPLICATIONS TO:
MAIL: Beardy’s & Okemasis Cree Nation
ATTN: Jaye Cameron, CEO
P.O. Box 340
Duck Lake, Sask. S0K 1J0
Fax: (306) 467-4404
Or Drop off at the Band Office in a sealed envelope.
Deadline for Applications is: September 23, 2019 12 noon. (Late applicants will be declined)
Your eligibility to be considered for this position will be based on the information in your resume. Accordingly, you must clearly specify and clarify the qualifications you have that match the qualification required. Please ensure that you provide Supervisory references and their contact information. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
The Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation is seeking a qualified and experienced individual to fill the full-time, term position of Emergency Management Assistant.
Responsible to: Emergency Response Manager
Summary: The Emergency Management Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day administrative tasks related to the implementation of Emergency Response Planning and preparedness in the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- Monitor local weather.
- Support the Emergency Response Manager in the execution of their duties as related, but not limited to Emergency Management.
- Assist in the planning and directing of resources in disaster response or crisis management activities.
- Assist and coordinate disaster preparedness training, and prepare emergency plans and procedures for natural (e.g., tornadoes, floods, severe weather, etc) disasters.
- Basic Emergency Management (BEM) through Saskatchewan Emergency Management is considered an asset;
- Incident Command System (ICS 100) through Saskatchewan Emergency Management is considered an asset;
- Have experience in Emergency Management or dealing with emergency situations;
- Excellent proficiency in working with the entire Microsoft suite of applications including the internet;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Have experience with First Nations culture;
- Must provide a CPIC as part of your application;
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Full-Time, Term till March 31, 2020;
- Emergency Situations, potential long hours
- Level-headed and decisive in critical situations
- Some evening and weekend work may be required (in the event of emergency response situations).
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, CPIC, and a list of three professional references to:
Jaye Cameron, Chief Executive Officer
RE: Emergency Management Assistant
Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
PO Box 340
Duck Lake, SK S0K 1J0
Applications can also be dropped off with our receptionist in-person at the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Band Office.
Closing date for submissions is 12:00pm (noon), July 31, 2019.
*We thank all those who are interested.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.