Date: August 24, 2015
To: Members, Beardy’s & Okemasis First Nation
From: Chief & Council
Re: 2014/2015 Fiscal Year Audit Documents
Our Council is pleased to provide the 2014-2015 Fiscal Year Audit documents for your review.
We’ve worked diligently to ensure programs and services have been adequately provided to our community.
Here are some highlights:
- In the 2013-2014 Fiscal Year, the Band carried an Operating Deficit of approximately $1.2M and an overall net debt of $6.9M
- In the 2014-2015 Fiscal Year, the Band carried an Operating Deficit of approximately $985K – **however, deficits from Willow Cree Health ($537K), and Blackhawk’s Gas ($295K) contributed to this. The Band Administration actually had a surplus of approximately $447K however, annuities claims fees of $919K reduced that surplus to a deficit of approximately ($472K).
- In 2013-2014, Chief & Council salaries and travel totaled $692,406
- In 2014-2015, Chief & Council salaries and travel totaled $532,389
- Blackhawk’s Gas Operating Deficit is a result of the Environmental fines and resultant expenses and fees from that.
- We are reviewing the situation that lead to a $537K Operating Deficit at Willow Cree Health.
Beardy’s & Okemasis First Nation
To: Band Membership
From: Councillor Kurt Seesequasis
Date: June 30, 2015
Re: FSIN Youth Soccer
The FSIN Youth Soccer Tournament will be held this weekend in North Battleford, July 4th and 5th, 2015, hosted by BATC.
Usually we get a fax, a poster, or emails that let us know of upcoming activities/tournaments etc. It wasn’t until I received a text message today asking about the tournament that I found out about it. I emailed the Sports & Recreation department at FSIN, and yes, they did confirm the tournament was this weekend.
I also had confirmation from BATC.
I will be directing a letter of my disappointment for the lack of communication to Beardy’s. Without any proper notice and ability to plan, the Finance department at this time is not able to cover the expenses for this event and thus, we will not participate.
I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at your earliest convenience.
//original signed by//
Kurt Seesequasis, Councillor i/c Youth, Sports & Rec
Juliano Tupone, Co-Manager