Request for Proposal: For a professional tourism consultant with knowledge and experience in project management; Indigenous community and business development; and government programs and funding to manage the development of a packaged experience product involving multiple partners.
Background: In August 2018, a Memorandum of Understanding was executed with Whitecap Dakota First Nation, Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation and Wanuskewin Heritage Park. The MOU is focused on the development of a packaged tourism experience featuring each of the attractions being developed by the respective partners.
It was recognized that a strong project management component would be vital to achieving success in the initiative.
Scope of Work: The project has seven major components:
- Capital Planning and Construction
– Management of capital budgets, tendering, and construction.
- Training and Education
– Development of training plans, budget management, delivery coordination.
- Product Development
– Working with partners to develop experiences that are export ready.
- Marketing and Branding
– Development of marketing strategies, coordination of brand development.
- Public Relations and Funding
– Develop market awareness and work with stakeholders to identify project support and funds.
– Develop and execute communications plan for partners and stakeholders
- Financial Management and Reporting
– Record and report on all financials and deliverables in line with partner criteria and funding partner requirements.
The project will run from November 2018 – June 2020
Submissions Requirements: Qualified firms are kindly asked to submit:
- Company profile including a statement of qualifications and key personnel who will be assigned to the project.
- Proposed methodology including a work plan identifying the tasks that will be required to coordinate the Indigenous Tourism Corridor project; the division of roles and responsibilities between the firm and the client; work schedule with milestones and timelines.
- Relevant experience in engaging Indigenous communities and organizations in tourism planning processes including recent project examples and references.
- Demonstration of knowledge regarding domestic and export tourism markets and trends.
- The basis for pricing their services.
- All-inclusive fee for services.
The ITC steering committee will review the proposals and select a contractor with whom to negotiate both the scope of work, price and terms of payment.
If there are any questions related to this RFP, please contact:
Darrell Balkwill, Director of Economic Development & Lands
Proposals can be submitted to the following no later than Friday, November 23rd, 2018 to:
Please find attached the quarterly report provided by Aboriginal Investment Consulting LP to the Nation regarding the Legacy Trust.
Click the logo below to download your copy of the Quarterly Report now:
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the BOCN Chief Financial Officer, Daryle Gardipy, 306-467-4523.