Reports to: Manager
Summary: The Financial Reporting and Process Manager will be responsible for the
preparation and distribution of various financial statements to
management. Other responsibilities will include the maintenance of the Blackhawks Gas ledger, ensuring that all transactions and documentation complies with Federal and Provincial legislation. The Financial Reporting and Process Manager shall manage all aspects of Blackhawks Gas’s corporate external financial and compliance reporting processes to include planning and coordination of the annual audit process, providing specialized and industry-specific support on debt and tax related issues.
- Manage daily activities for Accounting, Accounts Payables, Cost Accounting and Treasury which include, but are not limited to:
- Review daily cash outs, gas logs and inventory counts for discrepancies and report to management;
- Enter daily cash outs into accounting software;
- Obtain supplier e-statements;
- Enter supplier invoices to accounting system; and
- Check email daily.
- Prepare bank reconciliations for all bank accounts;
- Reconcile cash clearing and cash on hand;
- Reconcile Wiz Tec accounts receivable totals to Simply Accounting AR balances;
- Reconcile accounts payable to supplier statements;
- Calculate employee withholdings semi-monthly to CRA and prepare forms;
- Balance the monthly employee benefit statements to bank withdrawals;
- Calculate sales taxes payable/receivable and prepare forms;
- Update inventory count and pricing spreadsheet ;
- End of the month Inventory;
- Update inventory recorded in Simply Accounting to agree with inventory count and pricing spreadsheet; and
- Prepare monthly financial reporting package for the Board of Directors.
- Prepare employee T4’s in a timely manner; and
- Coordinate Blackhawks Gas’s annual audit, with external auditors when necessary.
- Communicate with vendors and suppliers as necessary;
- Work collaboratively to meet the various operating requirements of the Company;
- Manage the preparation and distribution of both internal and external financial statements and reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy;
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process and financial controls;
- Coordinate, develop and update written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process;
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting;
- Plan and coordinate the annual audit process for Blackhawks Gas’s corporate external financial statements and other required financial-oriented compliance reporting, working with all financial offices of Blackhawks Gas;
- Serve as the Blackhawks Gas primary point of contact with external auditors and ensure effective communication among staff, internal audit and external auditors;
- Work with management to implement improvements identified by the external auditors and the Board of Directors over processes and controls;
- Coordinate the review and publication process for Blackhawks Gas’s financial statements;
- Research software applications and tools that can be utilized to improve and accelerate the compilation of financial statements in the future;
- Compile and report on historical data as requested by Blackhawks Gas administrators, officers, the Board of Trustees and external agencies;
- Assume responsibility for financial sections of all compliance reporting identified; and
- Assist with the development of a Financial Accounting and Reporting (FARM) manual for use by appropriate accounting personnel.
- Travel required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Work overtime as required.
- Formal financial training and several years in the retail management industry would be considered a strong asset;
- Familiarity with Saskatchewan Finance procedures and processes regarding First Nation’s tobacco and gas rebates would be an asset;
- Valid driver’s licence and reliable a vehicle;
- Simply Accounting training;
- Minimum Grade 12 education;
- Bondable; and
- CPIC (Criminal Record Check).
- Primary schedule, Monday to Friday at the rate of 40 hours/week; and be available for emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
- Work some weekends; and
- Benefits (medical, dental, life insurance, etc);
Interested applicants are invited to submit a covering letter and resume, and a list of three professional references to:
Jaye Cameron, Director of Operations
Re: Store Manager – ESSO – Blackhawk’s Gas
Beardy’s & Okemasis First Nation
PO Box 340
Duck Lake, SK S0K 1J0
Applications can also be dropped off with our receptionist in-person at the Beardy’s & Okemasis Band Office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (306) 467 – 4404 Attn: Jaye Cameron.
Closing date for submissions is 12:00 pm (noon) July 5, 2017.
No late applicants will be accepted. We thank all those who are interested,
only those selected for an interview will be contacted.