The Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Housing Department and Community Development Departments are looking for Carpenters and Labourers for several upcoming projects under various Housing Programs. The Carpenters/Labourers would be assisting in completing renovation work in accordance with the Saskatchewan Building Code guidelines & specific guidelines set for each Housing Program. This includes building items such as stairs, making repairs to the internal and external structures and ensuring units are safe.
All carpenters/laborers are expected to have knowledge of residential construction and trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, quality/cost control, and safety. Further, you will be proficient at the following tasks: hanging doors, drill and set door hardware, set windows, layout for stairs and common rafters, utilize appropriate math skills, able to read blueprints, and must possess mathematical skills.
- Physically capable of undertaking various heavy-lifting job duties.
- Conduct repairs as identified by Public Works & Housing
- Carry out all set repairs to Housing units as identified from inspections, report progress of repairs
- Prepare site analysis;
- Mix/pour cement;
- Siding, drywall and install flooring;
- Skirting, venting, and heat taping;
- Stairs, landings & ramps;
- Perform renovations as required;
- Drywall, boarding, taping and sanding;
- Install cupboards;
- Prepare estimates for work orders and requests material required to complete the job.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- At least five (5) years of carpentry experience or
- Minimum 2nd Level completed Apprenticeship to a Red Seal Journeyman
- Red Seal Carpenter or current Journey Person’s Carpenter’s Certificate
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nations communities, culture and issues are an asset
- Knowledge of carpentry and building maintenance; knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Able to do layout, framing, finishing of typical projects, including a variety of room renovations
- Respect diversity – treat others with respect; avoid unnecessary conflict
Friday, September 15, 2023, 12:00pm (noon)
We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to the Beardy’s PUBLIC WORKS & HOUSING DEPARTMENT. Drop at office or email: email@example.com
Please send your updated Resume along with 3 References of your Most Recent Employment and attach any relevant certificates.
Please note that only the selected applicants that qualify will be contacted. If you do not hear from us regarding the call out, please accept our sincere appreciation for your interest. We encourage you to watch our job board for future opportunities.