Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation is seeking a highly motivated individual, who will provide leadership, management, mentorship as the Housing Manager. Under the direct supervision of the Councillor i/c of Public Works & Housing, the “Housing Manager” is the Administrative Head of the Housing portion of the Department of Public Works & Housing with the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation. The Housing Manager is responsible for the management of housing operations. The incumbent will provide expertise in the development and implementation of the CMHC housing program therefore, will have an excellent working knowledge of the CMHC programs including, but not limited to:
- Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program (RRAP)
- Habitat Adaptations for Seniors Independence Program (HASI)
- Aboriginal Capacity Development – On Reserve
- Section 95 Housing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day to day operations of the Housing portion of the Department of Public Works & Housing;
- Prepare annual operational budgets and review and report on monthly variances from the budget
- Develop and present yearly strategic mapping/planning;
- Develop and promote community awareness through workshops and information sessions provided on a regular basis to the Membership;
- Consults with the Director of Public Works & Housing to schedule major/minor repairs and ensure compliance with the building code and standards;
- Prepares and maintains accurate records of households, including: requests, number of people occupying a residence, age of appliances and/or furnace/water-heaters, etc.
- Creates a schedule for regular inspections to determine areas that need attention and ensures these tasks are performed in a timely manner;
- Manage materials including purchasing, inventory control and distribution;
- Write Requests for Proposals (RFPs), progress and informational reports
- Complete applicable reports to funders/supervisors in a timely manner;
- communicate regularly with the Tenants on issues affecting the property
- obtain quotes or bids from contractors for repairs, renovations or maintenance;
- build and maintain good tenant-owner relations
- ensure that work has been satisfactorily completed and approve invoices;
- Execute the Council’s directives and policies;
- The incumbent will be required to respond to emergency situations at all hours of the day, that may arise in the community.
- Housing must often deal with the complex needs and concerns of community members, staff, and suppliers on a regular basis.
- Working conditions contain moderate risks which require planned safety precautions for limited periods of time.
- Work in an office environment but are often away from the office inspecting properties and monitoring contractors;
- They work normal business hours, although long hours and evening meetings are sometimes required; and
- Often required to deal with emergencies on weekends and holidays.
- University Degree, Diploma, or certificate in Business Administration, Land Use/Urban Planning, or related field; (a combination of work history/experience may be considered);
- Experience with Public Works, Canada Mortgage & Housing Corporation and Band Based Capital,
- Class 5 Driver’s License with a reliable vehicle;
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- A strong commitment to customer service;
- Ability to create and work in a team environment.
Apply by sending a resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Officer email@example.com by June 16, 2023 at 12:00 PM CST.
Applications can also be dropped off with our receptionist at the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Band Office, faxed: 306-467-4404, or mailed:
Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
Attn: HR Officer – Housing Manager
PO Box 340
Duck Lake, SK S0K 1J0
Only candidates who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.