Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation requires an Executive Assistant (EA) who will be responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties in support of Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Chief and Council. This position requires a superior administrative skill set including excellent oral and written communications. The EA will arrange travel plans, take minutes of Council meetings and other meetings as requested, schedule appointments and drafting both internal and external correspondence. The Executive Assistant is required to maintain confidentiality and professionalism when interacting with employees, management and community members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the day-to-day administrative requirements of members of Council;
- Adhere to and respect the Personnel Management Act & Regulations or any other departmental policy and/or community legislation;
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality of privileged information;
- Prepare meeting minutes, reports, memos, letters, financial statements, and other documents;
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations
- Arrange and organize meetings;
- Present a positive and professional image of the Executive Office to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other persons.
- Assist in communicating Council members’ activities through various forms including traditional, and social media;
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of secondary school
- Experience in a related administrative occupation is required.
- Fast and accurate keyboarding skills (50+ WPM)
- Ability to understand logical processes and be detail-oriented
- Familiar with databases (web-based databases would be an asset)
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power point and previous experience with Databases.
- Experience related to general administrative duties. Good oral and written communication skills, Ability to work independently or as a team, Excellent organizational skills
- Valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Drivers licence
- If you are the successful candidate, a current CPIC/VSC will need to be provided
- Knowledge of Cree culture and language would be valued
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends, and to perform other related duties as required or assigned
Apply by sending a resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Officer email@example.com by June 12, 2023 at 12:00 PM CST.
Applications can also be dropped off with our receptionist at the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Band Office, faxed: 306-467-4404, or mailed:
Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
Attn: HR Officer – Executive Assistant
PO Box 340
Duck Lake, SK S0K 1J0
Only candidates who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.