Under the direct supervision of the Community & Tourism Development Officer, the Project Officer is primarily responsible to assist in the planning, organizing, evaluation, administration, and reporting of all Community Development and Tourism related activities for the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in event planning and project management, superior communication and computer skills, and shall and possess a strong background in program delivery and implementation in a First Nation environment. In addition, the ideal candidate shall have excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate; and implement projects and programs based on community needs;
- Demonstrate your considerable experience with computer skills;
- Demonstrate an exceptional writing ability;
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills;
- Demonstrate an exceptional ability to plan, and resource manage; and
- Demonstrate a superior ability to take direction and work in a team setting.
- Certificate or diploma in Project Management, Community Planning, Business Administration, Communications, or Marketing is preferred;
- Experience working in project management and/or program implementation is preferred;
- A combination of work experience and education will be considered;
- Exceptional computer skills (Microsoft Office, Internet, Email, etc);
- Awareness of First Nations values, culture, and traditions;
- Valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle; and
- Must be able to provide a CPIC upon successful selection.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Debbie Sanderson – Human Resources Officer
Re: Project Officer
Salary: In accordance with the BOCN Personnel Policy
Start Date: ASAP
Job Location: Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
Applications can also be dropped off with our receptionist in-person at the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Band Office.
Closing date for submissions is 12:00 pm (noon) on Tuesday May 22, 2023
We thank all those who are interested but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.