Willow Cree Health Services (WCHS) is an innovative Primary Health Center situated in the Beardy’s &
Okemasis Cree Nation (BOCN) is located 80 km north of Saskatoon, SK. BOCN is an Independent Nation
with a membership of 3,300 and approximately 1,400 members living on reserve.
The WCHS health care team puts people first by providing customized health care preventing future
illness, breaking down barriers to health, responding to the Chief and Council’s health priorities of
championing health for all.
Currently, the WCHS is hiring a Health Director to join our clinic. Under the direction of the
Health Board, the Health Director is responsible for the administration of Health Programs and
services in the Nation. He/she will manage the overall team-based integrated services of WCHS which
includes financial, budgeting, planning and accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences, Human Services and/or related, or an equivalent
combination of experience and post-secondary education
- Minimum of three to five years senior-level experience in administration with duties that
include policy development and program service delivery
- Proven record in leadership, financial management, communication and human resource management
- Knowledgeable of Federal and Provincial health systems, legislations and labor standards
- Experience in collaborative development of a transformation strategy in a multi-disciplinary
- Experience in the creation, adaption and implementation of project management processes, strategies
and techniques to support the organizational needs
- Role Model: Lead a healthy lifestyle, including achieving work/life balance and engaging in
self-care, and promote this to community members and health staff.
- Training in the areas of crisis intervention, conflict resolution, mediation, restorative
Justice and wellness models will be considered assets
- The ability to understand and be fluent in Plains Cree would be an asset
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Canadian Police Information Systems Check
- Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s License
Salary Range: Salary will be determined by a combination of education and experience.
Term: Full-Time – 35 hours per week
Benefits: Extended health and dental benefits package
Please submit a cover Jetter, resume and 3 references via email to:
Human Resources Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: May 8, 2023
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone interviews accepted.
Successful candidates will be subject to further screening checks (Vulnerable Sector Check, CPIC