The Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation is seeking proposals for the development of an integrated tourism implementation, operational and marketing plan for Pêmiska Tourism.
Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation developed Pêmiska Tourism with the goal of providing industry-leading cultural experiences. The vision is to become an influential, globally-recognized Indigenous tourism brand in Canada representing nehiyaw (Cree) culture, heritage, and history and will provide visitors with Indigenous-led experiences that will show the vibrant history of the local peoples.
Tourism assets are plentiful at Pêmiska Tourism including a well-developed trail system (now part of the Trans-Canada Trail network) that will be activated by several recreational and tourism activities such as hiking, ATVing, biking, skiing, and so much more. Cultural activities will also be highlighted with authentic performers, artisans, and knowledge keepers. There are a variety of options for staying overnight – including soon-to-be-ready tipi lodges.
Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation recently acquired funding to implement their tourism strategy that was developed in 2020. Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation is now seeking an experienced consultant to prepare an integrated tourism implementation, operational and marketing plan for Pêmiska Tourism. The plan will provide guidance on future decision-making, continuous improvement, and sustainability of the tourism offerings for Pêmiska Tourism.
In close collaboration with the authorized representatives from Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation, the Consultant will:
- Review the current strategic planning document for Pêmiska Tourism.
- Develop an action plan to operationalize the strategy, including:
- Conduct updates to strategy document to reflect current tourism environment, trends and opportunities:
- Consult on potential operational structure and process, and document preferred option;
- Identify new high-yield tourism experiences to complement existing products;
- Provide expert consultation regarding marketing and promotion, including brand consultation and a marketing strategy document.
The plan will include long-term goals and short-term objectives that not only reflect the current social and economic landscape of evaluation regionally, nationally, and internationally, but also leverage internal organizational capacity and strengths, and anticipate the challenges Pêmiska Tourism will face in the future. The potential economic impact for the community in the short and long term, and associated reporting metrics, must be identified and articulated in a way to engage community support for the project. The plan should also consider creative and sustainable strategies to help support organizational long-term goals and operations.
The consultant can expect that Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation will assist in the logistics related to planning for stakeholder meetings and Beardy’s and Okemasis’’ Cree Nation will be available to provide meeting facilitation support.
All submissions must include:
- Information on the consulting team who would work on the project, including relevant previous experience working with a First Nation and Indigenous Tourism;
- Implementation process or plan for this project including timelines;
- A summary of three similar projects, including outcomes following the consulting work;
- Contact information for three relevant client references;
- A list of anticipated subcontractors, including names and relevant experience; and,
- One fixed price to cover all deliverables associated with the project and anticipated payment schedule. Add-on components and/or additional services that the supplier thinks may be relevant can be listed separately. Expected travel costs must be included in fixed price. Any research conducted is expected to be covered within the total project budget and is not to be considered a separate item;
- Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation or Pêmiska Tourism will not incur any cost for any proposal or submission required. All costs related to each proposal are solely the responsibility of the supplier.
Preference will be given to consulting firms who can demonstrate the following:
- experience working with clients in the indigenous tourism industry.
- experience working with First Nation communities.
Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation has secured $40,000 for the implementation of this project.
The project will not necessarily be awarded to the lowest bidder.
Submissions will be accepted until 12:00pm, May 19, 2023.
All submissions can be emailed to Kevin Seesequasis at email@example.com and copied to Corrina Kapeller at firstname.lastname@example.org
All work is expected to be complete no later than 6 months from signing date of contract.
In person or telephone contact with Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation or Pêmiska Tourism and other panel members is strictly prohibited, and such violation may result in supplier disqualification. However, email questions on the competition are permitted as noted in the schedule below.
April 21, 2023 RFP is open.
April 28, 2023 Deadline for formal question and clarifications to be submitted to email@example.com including cc to firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 5, 2023 Proposals due.
May 9, 2023 Client Q&A; panel award decision.
Conflict of Interest Declaration
By submitting a proposal, the supplier is committing they do not have any conflict of interest with the provision of work to be done by the consultant as specified in the scope of the project. The supplier shall immediately disclose to email inserted here any actual or potential conflict of interest which currently exists, or which may arise during the period of the contract.
Commitment to Ownership and Confidentiality
All material provided by Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation or Pêmiska Tourism are to be kept confidential and secure unless Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation or Pêmiska Tourism has consented to its release. All materials, concepts and digital files developed and produced for Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation or Pêmiska Tourism, including copyright, become the property of Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation and Pêmiska Tourism on receipt of payment.
All proposal submissions are protected under the terms of The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be protected from release where provisions apply.
Late Submissions Any submission received after the deadline specified above will be deemed late and will not be considered.