Notice is hereby given to the Electors of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation of a Members’ Assembly.
In accordance with Article 2.1 – Duties And Responsibilities Of Council: Section b) viii., of the Executive Act of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation, the Council of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation has called a Members’ Assembly to establish Advisory Councils, Boards, and Committees for the following:
|– Justice Committee||– Housing Authority|
|– Governance Committee||– Sports, Culture, & Recreation Committee|
|– Board of Education||– Special Needs Committee|
|– Youth Advisory Council||– Elders’ Advisory Council|
|– Powwow Committee||– Mens’ Committee|
|– Womens’ Committee||– Veterans Association|
|– MMIWG Committee||– Two-Spirit/LGBTQ Committee|
What: Members’ Assembly
When: May 8, 2023, 6pm
Where: Veterans Memorial Hall
Webcast: Via Facebook
The Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation is seeking passionate and dedicated individuals to the advertised positions. The ideal members should have:
· Strong communication skills;
· A demonstrated ability to work in a team;
· The ability to commit the time required as a member of the BOCN Board, Committee and/or Advisory Council; and
· Relevant education/training or experience in the specific areas.
The BOCN is particularly interested in candidates with skills, knowledge and experience in some of the following areas:
· Strategic Planning;
· Community Engagement; and
· Previous experience with a non-profit Board or community group is an asset.