WORKERS REQUIRED FOR CONSTRUCTION OF BLACKHAWKS TRAVEL
We are currently looking for workers to join our team during the construction process of the
Blackhawks Travel Center. The ideal candidates should have minimum of one year experience working
in the construction industry but it is not necessarily. Metrican Builders offer competitive wages,
a safe and professional work environment. There is a zero tolerance for alcohol, drugs or unsafe
activity on site.
Job Positions Required
• Helpers for forming the sidewalks and other concrete work.
• Individuals experienced with metal cladding and exterior siding.
• General labours for the duration of the project.
• Apprentice workers for Electrical/Plumbing/Heating are needed.
• Experienced Carpenters for the store framing.
• Helpers for drywall boarding and taping.
• T-Bar ceiling helpers.
• Experienced painters.
• Labour workers for installing fuel lines.
• Able to perform a physically strenuous and demanding job (i.e. lifting and pulling).
• Must be prepared to work in all weather conditions
• Prior work experience in construction is an asset.
• Knowledge of basic construction and maintenance techniques and practices.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs unaided, stand and climb on ladders, roofs and uneven/unstable
• Experience working in a remote environment is considered an asset.
• A strong commitment to safety.
• Ability to work with a wide variety of hand and power tools.
• Safety equipment/gear, steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses are required.
• Performing physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving your
whole body. Such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking and handling of materials.
• Perform work safely in accordance with departmental safety procedures and operates equipment
• Able to follow directions from the site supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned.
Terms of employment is based on the construction schedule and duration of the specific task the
individual is hired for. Interested applicants should send their resume to
Robert@metricanbuilders.com . Also any questions on submitting resumes in person please call Robert
Metrican Builders will contact the selected individuals by phone and interviews will be conducted
at the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation Band Office in person. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF
03, 2023. NO LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.