The Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation is seeking a qualified Indigenous owned firm or Indigenous individual to develop a website that will represent and market ᐯᒥᐢᑲ Pêmiska Tourism (and its subsidiary entities) – the new BOCN tourism entity to showcase our rich history, culture, and stories, and the packaged tourism experiences we are creating. We are committed to delivering a first-class user experience that showcases our new brand and our experiences, while maintaining a functional, easy-to-use interface across multiple platforms.
We are committed to the implementation of the community’s 2018 Regional Tourism Strategy and the 2008 Tourism Development Plan. The vision of this undertaking is to develop a “world-class tourist destination” and build a sustainable economy for the Nation – one that is culturally, environmentally and socially appropriate, as well as economically sound. This will be achieved through the development of authentically indigenous, market-ready tourist attractions that offer places to go, things to see and do, and products for sale.
“Beardy’s & Okemasis Cree Nation is a thriving Nation rooted in cultural values, traditional knowledge and nehiyaw pamisowin.”
“The Beardy’s & Okemasis Cree Nation is a sovereign and vibrant Nation that is dedicated to improving the holistic well-being of our people. Through reviving and returning to traditional values, teachings, and knowledge, we will strengthen the foundation for future generations.”
The website must showcase the unique cultural connections between the stories and experiences offered by ᐯᒥᐢᑲ Pêmiska Tourism in this geographic region.
The website must allow opportunity for users to book/purchase rental accommodations offered through ᐯᒥᐢᑲ Pêmiska Lodges, and packaged experiences available through ᐯᒥᐢᑲ Pêmiska Adventures.
The website will be used to engage cultures and demographic groups locally and around the globe. The website must be engaging, easy to navigate, and communicate through language barriers.
Priority consideration will be given to those firms that are wholly or majority Indigenous owned and operated; and to those individuals who self-identify as Indigenous. Proof of Indigenous ancestry must be provided.
- Must have a user-friendly content-management system (CMS) where staff can access all aspects of the website, and change material as required.
- Must be based on the latest version of WordPress.
- Must be secure.
- Must match the visual identity guidelines of ᐯᒥᐢᑲ Pêmiska Tourism (will provide).
- Must contain an easy-to-maintain and update calendar of events.
- Must contain an option for integrating booking software for accommodation and packaged experience rentals.
- Must have social media sharing ability.
- Must link ᐯᒥᐢᑲ Pêmiska Tourism’s social media accounts.
- Must have blogging ability.
- Must be compatible with all Internet browsers across all mobile device OSs.
- Must employ the latest UX and UI trends in design and CMS.
- Must enhance ᐯᒥᐢᑲ Pêmiska Tourism’s online presence by improving SEO for keywords related to core business functions.
- Must be able to provide ᐯᒥᐢᑲ Pêmiska Tourism with daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly analytics.
- Must be able to design, add, and/or host secure online forms.
- Must be fully and wholly transferable to the owner (ᐯᒥᐢᑲ Pêmiska Tourism/Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation) upon completion.
- Project Identification Number: RFP 001.22
- Project Name: ᐯᒥᐢᑲ Pêmiska Tourism Website Development
- Project Start: Monday, May 16, 2022
- Project Location: Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
- RFP Submission Deadline: Friday, May 6, 2022
- Value of Contract: Pricing to be included by applicant
Proposal Must Include:
- Project Identification Number: RFP 001.22 ᐯᒥᐢᑲ Pêmiska Tourism Website Development.
- Methodology for local engagement and inclusion.
- Company profile including a statement of qualifications and key personnel who will be assigned to the project.
- Proposed project methodology and the division of roles and responsibilities between the firm and the client; work schedule with milestones and timelines.
- Relevant experience in engaging Indigenous communities and organizations in website development including recent project examples and a minimum of 3 references.
- The basis for pricing their services.
Proposals can be submitted to Kevin Seesequasis, Community & Tourism Development Officer at the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation Band Office via email: email@example.com; via fax: 306-467-4404; or via registered mail:
Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
ATTN: Kevin Seesequasis
PO Box 340
Duck Lake, SK S0K 1J0
A selection committee will determine the best submission and will award a contract to the winning applicant as soon as practicable. The winning applicant will be contacted via email or phone.