The Community Development Department of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation is in the process of updating our Community Development Plan (CDP).
Our current CDP was adopted by Council in 2017, and hasn’t been updated since – and our community has been tremendously successful in implementing the goals of the CDP. You can view the current CDP here.
The Community Development Plan is the voice of our people and helps leaders and administrative staff establish and implement priorities to advance the vision and mission of the BOCN:
The CDP is made up of several areas including: language and culture, health and safety, recreation, education, community infrastructure, economic development, housing, governance, land and resources.
The goals for the CDP are to:
- Create a baseline to measure progress;
- Set policies to achieve objectives; and
- Ensure the wishes of all community members are reflected in the CDP.
Community consultation is a very important part of this planning process. We are asking BOCN members living both on and off-reserve for input on what your goals and aspirations are for our community. The feedback from this survey will be used to update our Community Development Plan and used to formulate workplans and goals for leadership and departmental staff.
By completing the survey in its entirety, you will be automatically entered to win:
Grand Prize: $1,500.00 Washer & Dryer Set;
Second Prize: $1,500.00 75″ TV & Wall mount;
and more than $2,500.00 in smaller prizes.
- Only surveys completed in their entirety will be eligible for the draw. Incomplete surveys will not be admitted.
- Completing the survey does not guarantee you will win a prize, but it does guarantee you will be entered to win a prize.
- The survey results will be recorded and personal information will be kept confidential. Identifying information is for prize draws and verification of membership only.
- Open to all on and off-reserve BOCN Band Members 16 years and older as of January 1, 2022.
- Survey will remain open until Monday, February 21, 2022 at 4:00pm. Surveys completed after that will not be entered to win a prize.