The Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation has authorized the development and maintenance of recreational ski trail loops at the Powwow Grounds (1 kilometre) and another as-yet- to-be-determined location (1 kilometre).
Our ski trails will ensure that in this challenging time community members have access to recreational activities in a COVID-19 safe environment while pursuing an active, healthy lifestyle outdoors.
In order to ensure a fair and transparent bidding and selection process, proposals are being solicited from members of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation to maintain the skiing trails.
Project Identification Number: RFP 016.20
Project Name: Ski Trail Maintenance
Project Start: December 5, 2020
Project Location: Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation, Powwow Grounds
Project Submission Deadline: December 4, 2020
Project Completion Date: March 1, 2021
Proposal Must include:
- Project Identification Number (RFP 016.20)
- Background information listing experience in trail maintenance (if applicable)
- Any certificates / education / qualifications of applicant (if applicable)
- Detailed contact information
- Skidoo Year/Make/Model
- Proposed Budget – Flat rate to rent the skidoo for a month; flat rate for fuel for the skidoo for a month (based on the requirements listed in the project specifications below); flat rate to hire the skidoo driver for 1 hour.
- Proof of Skidoo Registration
- x2 1-kilometer skiing loops at both the Powwow Grounds and an as-yet-to-be-determined location must be groomed using a skidoo and a trail grooming sled (provided) for approximately 1 hour for each trail twice a week especially after a fresh snowfall. The trail maintenance involves pulling the trail grooming sled around the 1km loop for 1 hour to pack and smooth the trail for skiers use.
All hand-submitted bids must be sealed. Proposals can be submitted to Kevin Seesequasis at the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation Band Office via email: email@example.com; via fax: 306-467-4404; or drop it off with reception.
A selection committee will determine the best submission, and will award a contract to the winning applicant on December 5th, 2020. The successful bidder will be contacted via phone.