Beardy’s and Okemasis’ Cree Nation is committed to the implementation of the community’s 2018 Regional Tourism Strategy and the 2008 Tourism Development Plan. The vision of this undertaking is to develop a world-class tourist destination and build a sustainable economy for the Nation – one that is culturally, environmentally and socially appropriate, as well as economically sound. This will be achieved through the development of market ready tourist attractions that offer places to go, things to see and do, and products for sale.
We are seeking a qualified firm or individual to create a strong brand to represent the history, culture, and stories of the local region, and the packaged tourism experiences we are creating. The project must include an engagement strategy and a brand manual as a finished product.
The brand must showcase the unique cultural connections between the stories and experiences offered by the Nation in this geographic region. Engagement will require in-person consultations in the community.
The end product will be marketed to cultures and demographic groups locally and around the globe. The brand must be clear, and communicate through language barriers.
Project Identification Number: RFP 005.20
Project Name: Local Tourism Brand
Project Start: Friday, August 14, 2020
Project Location: Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
Project Submission Deadline:
August 31, 2020 EXTENDED: September 18, 2020
Value of Contract: Pricing to be included by applicant
Proposal Must include:
- Project Identification Number (RFP 005.20)
- Methodology for community engagement and inclusion in the branding study.
- Company profile including a statement of qualifications and key personnel who will be assigned to the project.
- Proposed project methodology and the division of roles and responsibilities between the firm and the client; work schedule with milestones and timelines.
- Relevant experience in engaging Indigenous communities and organizations in branding processes including recent project examples and references.
- The basis for pricing their services.
Proposals can be submitted to Kevin Seesequasis, Community Development Officer at the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation Band Office via email: email@example.com; via fax: 306-467-4404; or via registered mail:
Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
PO Box 340
Duck Lake, SK S0K 1J0
A selection committee will determine the best submission and will award a contract to the winning applicant as soon as practicable. The winning applicant will be contacted via phone.