FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 23rd, 2020
STATEMENT FROM RICHARD & MADELINE ANANAS FAMILY
Beardy’s & Okemasis Cree Nation, Treaty 6 – The following statement was released by the Emergency Management Team on behalf of the Ananas Family:
“On March 22nd, 2020 the family lost their beloved Daughter, Mother, Sister, Auntie, and Kohkum Sandra Cecile Ananas. The family would like to make it very clear that she DID NOT pass from COVID-19.
On behalf of our Nation we send our sincere condolences to her family.
Because of the COVID-19 virus and all the safety precautions that are legally being enforced across our province and country, the following is a message from the Ananas family:
WE ASK THAT YOU RESPECT THEIR WISHES
- ONLY IMMEDIATE FAMILY WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE FOR THE WAKE AND FUNERAL.
- NO BABIES WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE.
- NO HUGGING, KISSING OR SHAKING OF HANDS.
- THEY ASK THAT YOU PRAY FROM HOME OR YOU CAN PARK IN THE PARKING LOT AT THE VETERANS HALL BUT REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE WHEN THEY BRING HER HOME @ 5:00 P.M. ON TUESDAY MARCH 24TH, 2020.
- THEY ASK THAT ON THE DAY OF THE FUNERAL WEDNESDAY MARCH 25th @ 10:00 A.M., PLEASE PRAY FROM HOME FOR OUR FAMILY, AND THAT THOSE WHO WISH TO COME TO THE VETERANS HALL REMAIN IN THEIR VEHICLES FOR THE FUNERAL AND CAN FOLLOW THE FUNERAL PROCESSION TO THE HILL BUT REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE. ONLY IMMEDIATE FAMILY AT THE HILL.
- ONLY IMMEDIATE FAMILY WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE TO EAT AFTER THE FUNERAL.
THE ANANAS FAMILY WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR PRAYERS, CALLS AND MESSAGES OF SUPPORT DURING THIS DIFFICULT TIME.“