EXTENDED: EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (TERM POSITION)
(Full-time) Temporary Contract – Possible extension.
Beardy’s & Okemasis Cree Nation is seeking an enthusiastic individual who will be responsible for overseeing the development of the Community Development Initiative. This position requires a broad skillset and the ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all Beardy’s & Okemasis Cree Nation departments, the broader community and Urban Systems. Our ideal candidate should also bring a genuine interest in learning more about community planning and a passion for improving our quality of life at Beardy’s & Okemasis Cree Nation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To learn about community planning and the specific tasks associated with the Community Development Initiative.
- Investigate and research relevant background information.
- Work alongside Urban Systems as well as other Community Navigators throughout the duration of the project.
- Lead various meetings within the community to introduce the Community Development Initiative.
- Maintain positive working relationships with internal and external personnel and/or organizations/agencies.
- Work with other departments to address the priorities that are identified in the community plan.
- Prepare basic information concerning the community plan process and act as a resource person for departments, members and council on the community plan process, procedures and protocols.
- Coordinate local data collection and transfer from Beardy’s & Okemasis Cree Nation departments.
- Develop memos, progress reports, briefing notes and general planning documents.
- To coordinate the review of draft reporting documents and presentation materials.
- Support Beardy’s & Okemasis Cree Nation Tourism Development
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team player to effectively interact with other departments and staff, elected officials, members, service providers and local government agencies and officials.
- Access to computer and email.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research.
- Exceptional organization and time-management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Highly motivated and ability to work in demanding and fast paced work environment.
IF INTERESTED IN APPLYING ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUPPLY:
- Letter of Application
- Resume with current email address
- (3) Current professional references (1) from last/current employer
FORWARD APPLICATIONS TO:
MAIL: Beardy’s & Okemasis Cree Nation
ATTN: Jaye Cameron, CEO
P.O. Box 340
Duck Lake, Sask. S0K 1J0
Fax: (306) 467-4404
Or Drop off at the Band Office in a sealed envelope.
Deadline for Applications is: September 23, 2019 12 noon. (Late applicants will be declined)
Your eligibility to be considered for this position will be based on the information in your resume. Accordingly, you must clearly specify and clarify the qualifications you have that match the qualification required. Please ensure that you provide Supervisory references and their contact information. Only selected applicants will be contacted.