The Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation is seeking a qualified and experienced individual to fill the full-time, term position of Emergency Management Assistant.
Responsible to: Emergency Response Manager
Summary: The Emergency Management Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day administrative tasks related to the implementation of Emergency Response Planning and preparedness in the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- Monitor local weather.
- Support the Emergency Response Manager in the execution of their duties as related, but not limited to Emergency Management.
- Assist in the planning and directing of resources in disaster response or crisis management activities.
- Assist and coordinate disaster preparedness training, and prepare emergency plans and procedures for natural (e.g., tornadoes, floods, severe weather, etc) disasters.
- Basic Emergency Management (BEM) through Saskatchewan Emergency Management is considered an asset;
- Incident Command System (ICS 100) through Saskatchewan Emergency Management is considered an asset;
- Have experience in Emergency Management or dealing with emergency situations;
- Excellent proficiency in working with the entire Microsoft suite of applications including the internet;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Have experience with First Nations culture;
- Must provide a CPIC as part of your application;
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Full-Time, Term till March 31, 2020;
- Emergency Situations, potential long hours
- Level-headed and decisive in critical situations
- Some evening and weekend work may be required (in the event of emergency response situations).
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, CPIC, and a list of three professional references to:
Jaye Cameron, Chief Executive Officer
RE: Emergency Management Assistant
Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
PO Box 340
Duck Lake, SK S0K 1J0
Applications can also be dropped off with our receptionist in-person at the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Band Office.
Closing date for submissions is 12:00pm (noon), July 31, 2019.
*We thank all those who are interested.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.