RFP: Accommodations Design
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
The Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation has embarked on a tourism strategy that includes the development of tourism focused accommodations to be located in a rural area with historical significance.
At this point in time, we require a design proposal for lodging units that will accommodate up to four visitors comfortably in an off-grid setting. We are seeking a proposal that will incorporate our cultural values in the design and appearance of the lodging.
The lodging will not be connected to electrical or natural gas services, proposals must include methodology to supply power and heat through sustainable, self-contained solutions.
There will be no foundations for the lodging, units must be designed to be moved.
The location of the project is in a dark sky preserve area; we are seeking designs that incorporate that opportunity as a competitive advantage.
Kitchen and bathroom/shower facilities will be developed as separate structures, design concepts should focus on maximizing space for sleep and comfort.
Project Identification Number: RFP 027.19
Project: Accommodations Design
Project Start: As Soon As Possible
Location Required: Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
Maximum value of contract: $30,000
Proposal Submission Deadline: July 24, 2019 (noon)
PROPOSAL SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Project Identification Number (RFP 027.19).
- Methodology for community engagement and inclusion in the design study.
- Company profile including a statement of qualifications and key personnel who will be assigned to the project.
- Proposed project methodology and the division of roles and responsibilities between the firm and the client; work schedule with milestones and timelines.
- Relevant experience in engaging Indigenous communities and organizations in design processes including recent project examples and references.
- The basis for pricing their services.
Proposals can be submitted to the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation via email: email@example.com, via fax: (306) 467-4404 or by dropping off your proposal at the front desk of the Band Office. A selection committee will determine the best submission and will award a contract to the winning applicant.