The Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation, in partnership with the Fort Carlton Provincial Park, is seeking a qualified and experienced individual to serve a term position as Park Interpreter at the Fort Carlton Provincial Park.
Responsible to: Park Manager, Fort Carlton Provincial Park
Responsive to: Community Development Officer, Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
Summary: The Park Interpreter will have direct involvement in the development and delivery of engaging, informative and interactive nature and recreation programs that make visitors aware of our province’s unique biological and cultural diversity.
- Facilitating curriculum based school programs, leading nature hikes, cultural interpretation, organizing special events.
- Hosting guest presenters and guiding resourced based recreation activities such as canoeing and camping skills and operate a windows based computer to create seasonal reports.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of Saskatchewan’s natural environment, cultural heritage specific to the Willow Cree of the local territory, outdoor skills, use of social media and basic computer skills. Knowledge, training, and experience in canoe instruction is considered an asset for this role. Successful candidates will have experience and ability to develop and present public programs, work alone with minimal supervision, exhibit sound judgment when dealing with the public, work in all types of weather conditions, lead school based education programs and safely lead outdoor excursions.
- Weekend and evening work is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- A clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check are required.
- Light housekeeping activities such as sweeping, mopping and wiping of facilities;
- Picking up litter and debris;
- Lifting and moving program materials weighing up to 10 Kg;
- Working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions;
- Hiking and walking a minimum of 5 km while carrying a pack weighing up to 10 Kg;
- Clearing and maintaining trails using hand tools;
- Loading and unloading canoes/kayaks onto and off a trailer;
- Paddling a canoe/kayak on a lake for a minimum of 5 km in a variety of weather conditions
Deadline to Apply: May 8, 2019, Noon. (No exceptions)
FORWARD APPLICATIONS TO:
MAIL: Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
ATTN: Jaye Cameron, CEO
PO Box 340
Duck Lake, SK S0K 1J0
Fax: (306) 467-4404
Or drop off at the Band Office in a sealed envelope.