Title: Finance Officer
Responsible to: Chief Financial Officer
Responsive to: Director of Education
Summary: The Finance Officer is responsible for the effective financial administration of the Education Department by managing accounting operations to meet legal requirements in accordance with the Financial Management Act of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation.
The Finance Officer is responsible for the day-to-day management of financial transactions and procedures.
Required knowledge, education, qualifications, and experience:
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics (or equivalent).
- Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of financial and accounting practices.
- Experience using financial software.
- Advanced MS Excel Skills, Knowledge of financial regulations, excellent in analytical and numerical skills, superior time management skills, strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.
Deadline to apply: March 15, 2019.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and current resume with 3 professional references to:
Candace Scott, Director of Education
PO Box 779
Duck Lake, SK S0K 1J0