RFP: Trail Design Study
The Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation has embarked on a tourism strategy that includes the development of a multi-use trail system that will link the community to tourism-based businesses and experiences, the Carlton Trail will be designated as part of the Great Trail (formerly the Trans-Canada Trail) network and will be approximately 20km in length.
At this point in time, we require a trail design study to ensure we are selecting appropriate lands for development and to adhere to industry standards for trail design and construction. In order to ensure a fair and transparent process, proposals are requested from qualified firms.
Project Identification Number: RFP 001.19
Project: Trail Design Study
Project Start: February 28, 2019
Location Required: Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
Maximum value of contract: $40,000
Proposal Submission Deadline: February 15, 2019 (noon)
Proposal should include:
- Project Identification Number (RFP 001.19)
- Methodology for community engagement and inclusion in the design study.
- Company profile including a statement of qualifications and key personnel who will be assigned to the project.
- Proposed project methodology and the division of roles and responsibilities between the firm and the client; work schedule with milestones and timelines.
- Relevant experience in engaging Indigenous communities and organizations in trail design processes including recent project examples and references.
- The basis for pricing their services.
Proposals can be submitted to the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation via email: email@example.com, via fax: (306) 467-4404 or by dropping off your proposal at the front desk of the Band Office. A selection committee will determine the best submission and will award a contract to the winning applicant.