Request for Proposal: For a professional tourism consultant with knowledge and experience in project management; Indigenous community and business development; and government programs and funding to manage the development of a packaged experience product involving multiple partners.
Background: In August 2018, a Memorandum of Understanding was executed with Whitecap Dakota First Nation, Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation and Wanuskewin Heritage Park. The MOU is focused on the development of a packaged tourism experience featuring each of the attractions being developed by the respective partners.
It was recognized that a strong project management component would be vital to achieving success in the initiative.
Scope of Work: The project has seven major components:
- Capital Planning and Construction
– Management of capital budgets, tendering, and construction.
- Training and Education
– Development of training plans, budget management, delivery coordination.
- Product Development
– Working with partners to develop experiences that are export ready.
- Marketing and Branding
– Development of marketing strategies, coordination of brand development.
- Public Relations and Funding
– Develop market awareness and work with stakeholders to identify project support and funds.
– Develop and execute communications plan for partners and stakeholders
- Financial Management and Reporting
– Record and report on all financials and deliverables in line with partner criteria and funding partner requirements.
The project will run from November 2018 – June 2020
Submissions Requirements: Qualified firms are kindly asked to submit:
- Company profile including a statement of qualifications and key personnel who will be assigned to the project.
- Proposed methodology including a work plan identifying the tasks that will be required to coordinate the Indigenous Tourism Corridor project; the division of roles and responsibilities between the firm and the client; work schedule with milestones and timelines.
- Relevant experience in engaging Indigenous communities and organizations in tourism planning processes including recent project examples and references.
- Demonstration of knowledge regarding domestic and export tourism markets and trends.
- The basis for pricing their services.
- All-inclusive fee for services.
The ITC steering committee will review the proposals and select a contractor with whom to negotiate both the scope of work, price and terms of payment.
If there are any questions related to this RFP, please contact:
Darrell Balkwill, Director of Economic Development & Lands
Proposals can be submitted to the following no later than Friday, November 23rd, 2018 to: