Employment Opportunity: Director of Health
Director of Health
Board of Directors – Willow Cree Health Services, Inc
Chief Executive Officer – Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
The Director of Health for the Willow Cree Health Services (WCHS) will be responsible for the overall operation of the health programs and services in the community. The Director of Health is responsible for the following:
- Collaborate with the Board of Health and the WCHS team in planning, developing, and organizing all the health-related activities, services and programs under the jurisdiction of Willow Cree Health Services and Beardy’s & Okemasis Cree Nation;
- Follow the WCHS Operations Manual in accordance with the Canadian Accreditation Council accreditation standards;
- Implementation of effective financial management practices in accordance with the GAAP standards;
- Develop a health care system that is holistic in nature meeting the needs of band membership;
- Provide advice and assistance to the Chief & Council in financial, administrative, managerial and technical fields;
- Accountable to the Board of Health who are accountable to the Beardy’s & Okemasis Cree Nation Chief & Council and ultimately to the Membership; and,
- Develop and implement effective means of communication to ensure that the members are always well informed of the services available to them and of the administration of the First Nation resources.
- Post-secondary degree in Health Sciences or Human Services and/or related field;
- First Aid/CPR, Suicide Intervention, and Group Crisis Intervention Training an asset; and,
- Understanding of the Cree language an asset.
- 4-5 year’s experience in a management and supervisory role;
- Knowledge of Contribution Funding Agreements and other funding agreements;
- Knowledge of strategic planning and work plan development;
- Computer skills and knowledge of MS Office, internet and email;
- Have an excellent rapport with all people (more specifically elders, disabled and youth);
- Excellent work attendance record and respects confidentiality;
- Criminal Record Check (CPIC) and Vulnerable Sector Check; and,
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
Friday, April 13th, 2018 at 12:00 pm
Please submit your cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume, CPIC, along with three (3) professional references to:
Jaye Cameron, Chief Executive Officer
Re: Director of Health
PO Box 340
Duck Lake, SK S0K 1J0
Fax: (306) 467-4404
Application packages can also be dropped off with the Receptionist at the Band Office.
We thank those interested in applying for this position, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.