Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Chief and Council
The “Chief Financial Officer” is responsible for the effective implementation of the Financial Management Act of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation and is the administrative head of the Finance Department. In partnership with the Chief Executive Officer, the CFO shares senior administrative duties with a specialization in Finance and reports directly to the Council of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation. The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the overall management and reporting of the financial affairs, manages the day-to-day accounting procedures, assists in the development and administration of financial policies and procedures, and provides overall leadership and guidance to finance staff of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation.
- Experience working with issues affecting a First Nation;
- Experience working with a finance team and auditors to facilitate annual audits;
- In-depth understanding of Indigenous Services Canada / Government of Canada funding agreements, programs, and reporting requirements;
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office suite applications;
- Demonstrated success in overseeing organizational finances and budgets;
- Exceptional planning, organizing and project management skills;
- Ability to motivate staff and inspire confidence in leadership, staff, and Band membership in regard to financial management and reporting;
- High level written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- Ability to prepare and provide concise and complete verbal and written (including reports, presentations and correspondence) information at a level appropriate to the audience;
- Ensure reporting is completed and submitted on a timely basis; and
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in challenging situations.
- Education: Bachelor of Commerce or Administration with a specialization in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration.
- Minimum 3 years’ leadership/management experience in accounting and/or finance environment;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with First Nation’s governments and organizations;
- Strong understanding of, and respect for, Cree culture and the socio-economic challenges facing many First Nations communities;
- Ability to speak Cree is a strong asset; and
- Designation of either Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), and/or Certified Aboriginal Financial Manager (CAFM).
- EXTENDED: August 22, 2018, 12pm CST.
Please submit your cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume, along with three professional references to:
Jaye Cameron, Chief Executive Officer
Re: Chief Financial Officer
PO Box 340
Duck Lake, SK S0K 1J0
Fax: (306) 467-4404
Application packages can also be dropped off with the Receptionist at the Band Office.
We thank those interested in applying for this position, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.