Title: Community Security Officer
Responsible to: Director – Public Works & Housing
The Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation requires x 3 Part-Time responsible, community-minded individuals to serve as “Community Security Officer”.
Under the supervision of the Director of Public Works & Housing, the Community Safety Officer is responsible to safeguard, and secure community infrastructure, buildings, and property.
The Community Security Officer works night shifts and weekends, has a valid driver’s license, has a valid security certificate/designation from a reputable security firm, has a valid first aid certification, and is dedicated to the safety and well-being of community members, infrastructure, and property of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation.
- Secure all community infrastructure, buildings, and property;
- Liaise with RCMP/local law enforcement and/or emergency response personnel to report suspicious activity and/or emergency situations;
- Respond to and support RCMP/local law enforcement and/or emergency response personnel in emergency situations;
- Record activities/situations in a daily log book;
- Provide regular briefings to administrative management.
- Must be physically fit;
- Must possess a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s Licence with abstract;
- Must possess a valid Saskatchewan Security Designation / Security Officer Certification;
- Must possess a valid Emergency First Aid Certification (minimum);
- Must provide a current CPIC.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, proof of qualifications, and a list of three professional references to:
Chief Executive Officer, Jaye Cameron
Re: Community Security Officer
Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
PO Box 340
Duck Lake, SK S0K 1J0
Applications can also be dropped off with our receptionist in-person at the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation Band Office, fax to 306.467.4404, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for submissions is 12:00 pm (noon) on Monday, February 12, 2018.
We thank all those who are interested but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.