MEMO: Design Our Community Sign!
To: Members, Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
From: Kevin Seesequasis, Councillor i/c Community Development
Date: November 23, 2017
Re: Community Sign Design Contest
UPDATE: DEADLINE EXTENDED: January 22, 2018
In the new year, the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation will receive funding from our BHP partners for the design and purchase of new community welcome signs to be erected at the East (Duck Lake), West (Fort Carlton), and South (Rosthern) entrances to our community.
Our new signs will be the first impression guests have of our community and we want to put our best foot forward. That’s why today, I am excited to announce the “Design Our Community Sign” art contest!
I am inviting ALL MEMBERS of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation to design a new ‘community welcome sign for the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation. Our new signs will represent our culture, and most importantly, the character of our people.
What do you think would be a good design for a welcome sign? Submit your concept and any related art work (details are below). A panel comprising members of Council, Elders, and community members will make the final selection.
Here are the details:
- Contest Open: Immediately
- Contest Closes: Monday, January 22, 2018
- Contest Prize: $500
- Actual signs may be in steel, stone, wood etc (dependent on costs)
- Submissions MUST BE in paper or digital format
- 1 Design, 3 Signs
- Sign Critical Elements:
- Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
- Feather & Pen logo
- Cultural / Community themes representing the character of the BOCN and our people
- All submissions to: Councillor Kevin Seesequasis
- 306-467-4523 ext 237
- Contest open only to members of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
I look forward to seeing your concepts and strongly encourage all members of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation to participate.
D. Kevin Seesequasis, Councillor i/c Community Development
Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation