BEARDY’S AND OKEMASIS CREE NATION
invites applications for the position of
Coordinator of Post-Secondary Student Support Program
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
Education: Bachelor in Business Administration or relevant area.
Experience: Minimum of three years experience in administration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of various post-secondary education institutions.
- Highly motivated to perform work and assignments with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Must be reliable.
- Able to deal with people in a respectful and courteous manner.
- Ability to understand and develop policy.
- Strong computer skills.
- Understanding of the First Nation organizational structure and socio-economics.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle, and be willing to travel.
- Must submit a CIPC and a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Reporting to the Director of Education, the Post-Secondary Coordinator will manage, plan and coordinate all post-secondary education services provided to Beardy’s and Okemasis Cree Nation members living both on and off-reserve according to existing policies and requirements.
- Will provide post-secondary education funding, based on policy, to band members on and off-reserve.
- Will assist in the development of new programs and local education initiatives for adults, youth and the community.
- Will complete post-secondary registry, related reports and additional documents for INAC and other funding agencies.
- Will maintain an accurate up-to-date filing system and create a resource library for scholarships, bursaries and training programs.
- Will prepare annual budgets and submit related reports to program agencies.
- Monitor student progress and provide advice and guidance to potential students.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director of Education.
Closing Date: June 14, 2017 (5:00 p.m.)
To apply, please submit your covering letter and resume with three references to:
Councillor Jacquiline Gamble
Beardy’s and Okemasis Cree Nation
P.O. Box 340
Duck Lake, SK S0K 1J0
Fax: (306) 467-4404
For more information, please contact:
Edgar Thomas, A/Director of Education Jacquiline Gamble, Councillor i/c Education
Phone: (306) 467-4441 Phone: (306) 467-4523
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.