Employment Opportunity: Economic Development Coordinator
Responsible to: Councillor i/c Economic Development, the President and CEO of Willow Cree Developments.
Summary: We are looking for a strategic leader to work within economic development department of the Beardy’s & Okemasis First Nation (BOFN) that establishes a sense of balance and harmony within the Nation in economic development matters. Reporting to the Councilor in Charge of Economic Development and the President and CEO of Willow Cree Development.
- Work with Chief and Council, to facilitate the economic development planning and implementation process
- Work with the Board of Directors of Willow Cree Developments (WCD) by scheduling Board meetings, preparing meeting agendas, ensuring meeting packages are prepared and sent out to Board members prior to meetings, and taking meeting minutes
- Work with Chief and Council, WCD, and outside stakeholders to schedule meetings, prepare meeting agendas, and keep records of meetings
- Support the President and CEO of WCD in fulfilling their responsibility to liaise with the Chief and Council as appropriate and necessary
- Develop and write proposals based on WCD and Chief & Council priorities in economic development, and the Cree Nation’s strategy for economic development
- Update the Nation’s economic development strategy as necessary, based on feedback from membership meetings, surveys, existing plans, and work undertaken by other departments of BOCN.
- Completion of post-secondary education in business, administration, or a related discipline; one year certificate in a business or administration discipline at a minimum
- Effective research and writing skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Effective communication skills
- Tactful, diplomatic, and respectful
- Knowledge of First Nations culture, history, socio-economic barriers and challenges
- Minimum two years of applicable professional experience
- Valid driver’s license;
- CPIC (Criminal Record Check);
- VSS (Vulnerable Sector Check).
Interested applicants are invited to submit a covering letter, resume and list of three professional references to:
Jaye Cameron, Director of Operations
RE: Economic Development Coordinator
Beardy’s & Okemasis First Nation
P.O. Box 340, Duck Lake, SK. S0K 1J
Emailed to: email@example.com
Applications can also be dropped off with our receptionist at the Beardy’s & Okemasis Band Office.
Closing date for submission is 12:00pm (noon) on June 08, 2017.
We thank all those who are interested but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.