Council Statement: Committees and Boards
For Immediate Release
May 1, 2017
Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation, Treaty 6 – Council issued the following statement today announcing the new members of boards and committees of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation:
“Our Council would like to acknowledge and thank all those community members who attended our Annual General Meeting last week and put their name forward to become a member of a committee or board for the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation.
You are an integral part of our on-going efforts to bring increased openness, fairness, and transparency to our government operations.
On Friday, April 28, at a specially convened meeting of Council, the list was ratified. We would like to announce and congratulate the following members of the following boards/committees:
- Willow Cree Education (3 years) – Lorna Seeseequasis, Myrtle Gardypie, Caroline Gardypie, Gloria Bugler.
- Willow Cree Healing Lodge/Justice (3 years) – Elmer Seesequasis, K. Jeanette Gamble, Krista Gardypie, Richard Ananas.
- Willow Cree Gaming Authority (1 year)- Marcia Seeseequasis, Norma Pewapisconias, Connie Mike, Doreen Robin, Alex Gardypie.
- Willow Cree Housing Authority (1 year)- Norma Pewapisconias, Gerri Sutherland, Candace Sutherland, Gloria Bugler, Paul Okemaysim.
- Sports & Recreation Committee (1 year) – Carla Seeseequasis, Alex Gardypie, Sheryl Okemaysim, Suzette Smallchild, Lawrence Gardipy Jr., Clayton Mandes.
- Womens’ Committee (1 year) – Miranda Sutherland, Loretta Mandes, Rosanna Gamble, Pam Okemaysim-Gamble, Donna Gamble, Sherri Gardipy.
- Special Needs Committee (1 year) – Carrie Sutherland, Nicole Gamble, Elizabeth Seeseequasis, Miranda Sutherland, Pam Okemaysim-Gamble.
- Culture & Powwow Committee (1 year) – Angel Constant, Loretta Mandes, Milton Gamble, Sonny Gamble, John-George Scott, Derek Gamble, Alex Gardypie, Ralph Gardipy Jr., Miranda Sutherland, Leona Cameron, Joanne Brittain.
We look forward to working with you all over the duration of your term to accomplish many positive things for our Nation and our people. Kininaskomitinawaw!
– 30 –
For more information, please contact:
Chief & Council Communications