Title: Youth Worker
Responsible To: NCBR Coordinator
Summary: The Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation requires an ideal candidate to serve as a full-time “Youth Worker”.
Under the direct supervision of the NCBR Coordinator, they will be responsible for and assisting in planning, organizing, delivering and reporting on all youth-based activities for the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
The ideal candidate will ensure the provision of an enriched program by providing opportunities for learning and skill development for all youth by designing educational and recreational activities that promote their individual growth.
This is a term position that will expire on March 31, 2018 with the possibility of renewal.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to organize and implement programs & services based on community needs;
- Work with community organizations and departments in program development and implementation;
- Effectively advertise programs;
- Daily documentation and formal report writing as required;
- Demonstrate an exceptional ability in time and resource management;
- Requires the ability and flexibility to work a split shift (i.e. before and after school hours);
- Ensure health and safety of the children is maintained at all times;
- Builds positive relationships both internally and externally to achieve work related goals; and
- Model and respect professional boundaries with youth, families and other staff in the program or staff from other programs.
- Certificate, diploma or degree in a related field (Human Services);
- Experience working as a Youth Worker;
- A combination of work experience and education may be considered;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written along with computer literacy;
- Awareness of First Nations values, culture, and traditions;
- Valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle;
- Must be able to provide a CPIC and Vulnerable Sector Check upon successful selection;
- First Aid and/CPR and Suicide intervention (will be a requirement); and
- Successful candidate must model a drug and alcohol free life-style under qualifications
Interested applicants are invited to submit a covering letter, resume, and a list of two professional references to:
Jaye Cameron, Director of Operations
Re: Youth Worker
Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
PO Box 340
Duck Lake, SK. S0K 1J0
Applications can also be dropped off with our receptionist in-person at the Beardy’s & Okemasis Band Office or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for submissions is 12:00 pm (noon) on May 10, 2017.
We thank all those who are interested but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.