Title: Coordinator – Public Works & Housing
Responsible to: Director of Operations
Summary: Coordinator of Public Works & Housing is a term position for three months with a strong possibility of an extension.
The Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation requires a superior candidate to serve as “Coordinator – Public Works & Housing”.
Under the direct supervision of the Councillor i/c Public Works & Housing, the “Coordinator – Public Works & Housing” is the administrative head of the Department of Public Works & Housing with the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation.
The Coordinator – Public Works & Housing works full-time and has proven experience in managing all activities related to Public Works & Housing.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Department of Public Works & Housing including people, material, equipment, finances, information and reports.
- Direct personnel and resources to effectively deliver services and programs to members of the Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
- Ensure the efficient and effective delivery of Public works goods and services.
- Demonstrate an exceptional ability in adhering to funding-source application (grant writing) and reporting guidelines; and
- Demonstrate an exceptional ability in time and resource management.
- Experience with Public Works, Canada Mortgage & Housing Corporation, Band Based Capital considered as asset;
- Excellent computer sills (Microsoft Office, Internet, email, etc.);
- Superior communication, organization, and project management skills;
- Awareness of First Nation values, culture and traditions;
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle; and
- Must be able to provide a CPIC upon successful selection.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references to:
Jaye Cameron, Director of Operations
RE: Coordinator – Pubic Works & Housing
Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation
P.O. Box 340
Duck Lake, Sask. S0K 1J0
Applications can also be dropped off with our receptionist in-person at the Beardy’s & Okemasis Band Office.
Closing date for submissions is 12:00pm (noon) May 10, 2017.
We thank all those who are interested.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.