Title: Beardy’s & Okemasis’ Cree Nation Fire Crew
- Alternate Crew Member
Director of Public Works & Housing
The Beardy’s & Okemasis First Nation is currently accepting applications for one (1) Crew Leader and one (1) alternate fire crew member identified above for the 2017 Saskatchewan First Nation Forest Fire Protection Services/Beardy’s & Okemasis Fire Crew – as per agreement.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Public Works and Housing, the Fire Crew will be responsible to provide fire suppression services to the community of Beardy’s & Okemasis First Nation and when required (as per agreement), will provide fire suppression services to various locations in the province of Saskatchewan.
The Crew Leader and alternate fire crew member shall provide fire suppression services for a period of 16-20 weeks, beginning April 17, 2017.
- A safety conscious attitude
- Excellent health and physically fitness
- The physical strength and agility requires to climb and balance when moving over rough terrain
- Good spatial perception and awareness of what is happening around them
- Good communication skills
- Basic analytic skills
- An interest in working outdoors
- The ability to work effectively with a team under stressful conditions
- The ability to react quickly to the unexpected
They should enjoy having routine, organized work that is punctuated by periods of intense activity, and technical activities such as operating two-way radios and meteorological instruments.
- OH&S Standard First Aid & CPR B, TDG and WHIMIS
- Moderate Pack test
- Restricted Radio Operator Certificate
- Wildfire Crew Member
- Basic Wildfire Behavior
- AvSafe Basic
- Annual Safety Orientation
- Annual start-up checklists
- Chainsaw Proficiency
- Have a general understanding of timesheets
- Crew Leader MUST have a valid driver’s license
- Must have reliable registered vehicle
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, and list of three references to:
Jaye Cameron, Director of Operations
RE: Fire Crew
P.O. Box 340
Duck Lake, SK S0K 1J0
Drop off: Beardy’s & Okemasis First Nation Band Office
Closing for submissions is April 12, 2017 at 5:00pm.
We thank all those who are interested but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.