Date: August 24, 2015
To: Members, Beardy’s & Okemasis First Nation
From: Chief & Council
Re: 2014/2015 Fiscal Year Audit Documents
Our Council is pleased to provide the 2014-2015 Fiscal Year Audit documents for your review.
We’ve worked diligently to ensure programs and services have been adequately provided to our community.
Here are some highlights:
- In the 2013-2014 Fiscal Year, the Band carried an Operating Deficit of approximately $1.2M and an overall net debt of $6.9M
- In the 2014-2015 Fiscal Year, the Band carried an Operating Deficit of approximately $985K – **however, deficits from Willow Cree Health ($537K), and Blackhawk’s Gas ($295K) contributed to this. The Band Administration actually had a surplus of approximately $447K however, annuities claims fees of $919K reduced that surplus to a deficit of approximately ($472K).
- In 2013-2014, Chief & Council salaries and travel totaled $692,406
- In 2014-2015, Chief & Council salaries and travel totaled $532,389
- Blackhawk’s Gas Operating Deficit is a result of the Environmental fines and resultant expenses and fees from that.
- We are reviewing the situation that lead to a $537K Operating Deficit at Willow Cree Health.
Beardy’s & Okemasis First Nation